Tuesday, October 15, 2013

HIIT

      What is HIIT?...This is a question I get asked all the time, to be honest I always almost say back google it LOL!!! Again research is your friend, the more YOU research the more YOU know. That being said, this is my thoughts about it.

      HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training. Quick bursts of energy followed by a rest period and back to the quick burst followed by another rest till your workout is complete. At the moment I'm doing it all on  either the treadmill, stair mill, or spin bike. Doing sprints for my work and normal pace for my "rest" time. it can be 30/120 (seconds), 60/120 or how ever you design you interval workout. BAM that simple! You can do this a few days a week along with your weight lifting. You can apply this concept to most workouts you do. HIIT like I said can be applied to other workouts as well. Here is an example- http://www.fitsugar.com/7-Minute-HIIT-Workout-Printable-Poster-30574183. If Im short on time or cant get in a good lift I'll do something like this instead.  HIIT isn't for everyone so just because I do it doesn't mean you should. Research and make sure its right for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment